Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Home Sweet Home


Yes, we are home, safe and sound. Pulled in about 6:00pm Wednesday July 8, 2009. What a trip! Zack, our Siamese cat was really glad to see us. Zuma, well she hissed at me once we found her. Should have named her Houdini. Last but certainly not least, Lucky, she was whining because there was nothing in the food bowl. The car is still needs unpacked and all that good stuff. Tomorrow is another day. We still need to get our dogs too.

When I was in school, my Dad always ask my brother and I at the dinner table - "So, did you learn anything today?" Are answers were always sketchy and generalized, but today I could answer - "Yes, Dad, I did learn something on this trip." What I learned: there are seagulls in Alaska, Alaska residents think Sara Palin is "Hot", Puffins and sea otters don't like their pictures taken, Gary gets agitated driving through Chicago, reindeer are part of the caribou family, a Canadian 1 dollar coin is called a 'Loonie' and a Canadian 2 dollar coin is called a 'Toonie', people were curious about the Little Guy, Canadian Wal-Marts are small, I like halibut, and their are 5 species of salmon:pink, silver, king, sock-eyed or red, and chum or dog.

Hope everyone had a great time visiting our website, reading the blogs, and viewing the picture (I have plenty more to show).

1 comment: