Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Back to Work and the After Glow

Back to work today. Thanks for the extended layoff, it made this trip possible, Becks Employer helped a LOT too. The trip and everything is what we are still talking about. Actually we are still just now getting somewhat back to normal. We had over 900 pictures! We had prints made of them all. WOW! I dont expect anybody to look at all of them, but it is nice to have them.
All the indecision I had, go or not go,... about teardrop vs. Truck Camper. We made the right decision. The "Little Guy" and Vibe worked out wonderful together. We were not campers, but what I would call travelers. If we had more time maybe the Truck Camper would have been better.
Would I do it again? Not like this. I am glad we did it this way, it was the way that was ment to be and it was Great! If again, it will be different.
I really enjoyed traveling the Alaska Highway, Top of the World Highway, all the wildlife, just along the roads. The glaziers, whales, boat tour. The people also made it great. Both the Canadian's, and Alaskan's.
Just the adventure made it good. I think the naysayers on the RV.net that said that we should not drive if we only have three weeks made for a personal challenge made it better. We would have done it anyway, but to have them say that made it sweeter.
Anyway, its off to work today. I am thankful to have a job. Lots of my brothers have lost theirs jobs thru this and I am very midfull for them. Keep them in our prayers that they make it thru this. ...................... Gary (Zig)

No comments:

Post a Comment