Friday, June 26, 2009

Seward Alaska

It's Friday night and I'm sitting in the brisk Alaskan air by the Gulf of Alaska. Last night we stayed in Tok and today we traveled down to Anchorage then to Seward. We planned to stay in Anchorage tonight; however after a brief period of frustration, more on my part than Gary's, we headed south.

Why was I frustrated? We went to a Wells Fargo branch to get some more Canadian money for our return trip. We were directed to a branch down the road in a mall - parking across the street in a parking garage. With a trailer, parking garages are out. So we then decided to find a Jiffy lube to get the oil changed and most importantly, replace the air filter. After being cut off closely by several rude drivers we find the Jiffy Lube, but oh - they are out of air filters. So now we are looking for an auto parts store to do it ourselves and yes, sucess. Now to find a campground. I locate one via the GPS - we go to the address, but guess what - it's now a subdivision!

So here I am at Miller's Ferry campground watching the neighbors throw a frisbee for a stray dog to catch. Never mind their own dog is being neglected. I miss our dogs. Gary is in bed, but I guess I'm still too wired.

We had beautiful scenery on the way down, but the internet service here isn't the best so I'm having trouble uploading photos. You would think that if you have to pay for the service on top of the camping charge - it would be decent service.

If Gary is up to it we will try to take a day cruise to see marine wildlife and glaciers either tomorrow or Sunday. We did see a glacier today, but you had to pay to go see it up close. Needless to say my zoom lens got us close enough.

Despite the way the blog sounds, we are still having a good time. I just dislike mean/rude people. Why can't we all just play nicely together in the sandbox of life.

I will upload more photos when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment