Saturday, June 27, 2009

Whales


We saw whales today (June 27) - Humpback whales. We also saw puffins, sea otters, sea lions, sea gulls, & glaciers. Most of my pictures were taken with my film camera because of the telephoto lens and because my digital camera died. I thought I had extra recharged batteries, but they were not charged. So you will have to wait for those photos. I got the famous back fin of the whale before it went under - it ought to be cool! I stayed out on deck most of the day while Gary chose to stay in the cabin. He did come out to see the whales though.

Tomorrow we will leave Seward and head toward Denali National Park. After that we will head toward Fairbanks. Then from there, who knows. Today's weather was perfect for whale watching. It did start to rain when we were returning and has rained on and off since. I'm going to try to upload some pictures Gary got with his camera. Hopefully I will have better success than last night.

1 comment:

  1. Cabin of the Kenai Star,or, Cabin of the Liddle Guy????

    ReplyDelete